Start to Finish-What is a senior session with Cheryl Jackson Photography like?
CHERYL JACKSON PHOTOGRAPHY | OKLAHOMA CITY SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHER
Sometimes the unexpected can be great. And sometimes the unexpected is….unwelcome, like when it comes to booking professional photos. That’s why I thought it would be a good idea to walk you through exactly what it’s like when you book a senior photo session with me and become a #cjsenior! Here are the things you can expect as we book and plan your session:
- You reach out to me on the senior inquiry form on my website. On the form you will give me just a few details about yourself like your name and email address, what year you’re graduating and what season you’re wanting to have your session.
- Next, I’ll be getting back to you soon (typically within 48-72 hours) through email and start the process of booking your session. We will need to pick a date and location. I will also be asking for an email address for your parent/guardian so that they are in the loop on all the planning and will be able to co-sign the contract. Once we’ve done that, I’ll send over a proposal that includes our photography contract, session details and an invoice for your deposit to secure your date. You have 5 days to sign the contract and make your deposit for your date to be officially reserved.
- Once you’ve done that, the fun part really begins! I will send over to you a short questionnaire that asks for some more info about you, if you want to include anyone else, and to share more details about your vision for the session (like your Pinterest board!) I’ll also email you my CJ Senior Experience Guide. This pdf guide will be very helpful for you as you prepare for your session with lots of tips about choosing outfits, planning hair and makeup and more. It’s one of the best perks of being a CJ Senior!
- In the weeks leading up to your session, you are welcome to reach out to me and ask for any advice or help on choosing outfits or matching up outfits to locations, etc. I love it when my seniors involve me in the planning process. So don’t hesitate to reach out and ask me things!
- About a week before your session you will receive a “Final Info” email from me. This will outline the basics of our session like meet-up time, location, special instructions, etc.
- Now we are at the BEST PART. Session day!!! You can expect a relaxed, fun vibe with a lot of laughs at a session with me. No stress allowed! Your job is to show up beautiful and ready to shine! I will let you know how to pose, what to do with your hands, and do my very best (including humiliating myself) to make you feel your most confident and amazing self. And you will rock it!
- In the next few days, keep a close eye on your Instagram as I will be posting some BTS photos and videos plus sneak peeks from your session!
- Next is gallery delivery. I guarantee my clients to have their full gallery of edited images within 14 days of the session date. (Most of the time, it’s much sooner. But just in case craziness happens, I say 14 days.) You will receive an email from me letting you know your gallery is ready. The link and password for your gallery will come in a separate email at the same time. From the gallery you can download full resolution files of all your photos to print and share!
- After gallery delivery, you will hear from me one more time asking if you would leave me a review on Google or Facebook, with handy little links for you to do it.
- Final step–stay in touch! I love to keep up with my clients (because we’re basically besties by the end of our session) as you continue on your exciting journey after high school.
I hope this has given you a helpful, overall idea of how it goes when you book a session with me. I put my whole heart and passion into each individual senior who gives me the honor to capture their senior photos. It would be so awesome if you decide that you want to become a CJ Senior! Let's do this.
Here are some more helpful blogs I’ve written just for seniors as they are planning their photos: